So there I was on the Tuesday of my March Break with the sole train activities being the OVAR dinner that night. The telephone rings and it's Chris Lyon. "Hey, Mike...do you wanna come over and run trains?" I think to myself..."Well, I could correct a few of my students' notebooks or help Lisa with the vacuuming or prepare dinner for the family seeing as how I'll be chowin' down to an OVAR veal meal..."Yeah, I'll be over!"
Wow! Two train activities in one day. My brain is gettin' overloaded! Well, Chris and I had a blast taking his ever-developing layout through the paces of an ops session while all the other boys in the group were hard at work in their day jobs. It's a tough life, but someone's gotta do it...right Chris? These pics are some railfanning shots we took of the diesels along the line. Enjoy! Gotta love the paint scheme on the BNSF units and, Chris, what do ya call that BCRail scheme? Oh..the "blue scheme"...I don't know why? (big grin)
Hey, boys...check out the cabless B-unit in this mix! Man is that ever cool! These two units are haulin' a grain train, one of the many commodities Chris's layout handles. That's a mixed freight on the track over and a long cut of coal cars on the far track.
The large container facility is depicted in the foreground here.
I don't think Chris'll be a-weatherin' that BC Rail locomotive anytime soon...looks too good as it is! There's never a bad train picture taken when you've got a CN locomotive in the famed sergeant striped scheme.One thing's not in doubt, Chris...you've certainly got yourself one heckuva colourful layout there!
Cheers, Mike


1 comment:
Thanks for your great ideas Mike. I had a great time. Nice to see you recognize the blue scheme when you see it. It must be a B&M fetish as other CN folks have to check with you to make sure:)
Post a Comment